• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Blakesley Hall 2012

cookie273uk

master brummie
After a lapse of 30 years I have started to take up pen sketching again and the techniques seem to come come back as if it was only yesterday - am really enjoying it, its the ideal medium for buildings. EricBlakesley_Hall_2012_001.JPG

SDC10743-1.jpg

Keep practicing Eric and you will be nearly be as good as me......

Joking apart Eric, your sketch is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lovely drawing Eric. I too think sketches are a wonderful way to portray buildings, lots of the details come through. Glad you're enjoying returning to drawing, it shows in your work. Viv.

That's lovely Eric - we are lucky to have you on the forum to provide us with so many lovely pictures of Birmingham buildings. I hope you do more pen sketches soon.

Back