• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Blakenhale Junior School

Hi, Alan was in the year above me at Blakenhale I basically knew him because I was on a school trip to Belgium with him in 1962 and he lived in Hadland Road near my second cousins the Farmers. There seems to be two lads who had eye injuries reading through all this thread again. Steven White who you mentioned and Roy Evans. What an awful coincidence.

Malcolm
On that trip to Belgium were Paul Cheshire and Terry Feiding who were both in my class and played in School football team with me, although we played very little during the winter of 62/63. You have would seen me at school, myself and David Corbett would bring all the milk crates out of the snow in 62/63 and lay them out in the foyer in class order for the milk monitors to collect. You would have also have seen me on Friday afternoon delivering stock for Hardingham to each class. Derek Mead, Robert Edwards and David Cashmore I knew in your year.

On that trip to Belgium were Paul Cheshire and Terry Feiding who were both in my class and played in School football team with me, although we played very little during the winter of 62/63. You have would seen me at school, myself and David Corbett would bring all the milk crates out of the snow in 62/63 and lay them out in the foyer in class order for the milk monitors to collect. You would have also have seen me on Friday afternoon delivering stock for Hardingham to each class. Derek Mead, Robert Edwards and David Cashmore I knew in your year.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I can't remember those two lads Paul and Terry but I tended to stay with the lads in my year. I must have seen you at school obviously but particularly because I was one of the milk monitors for Mr Owens class for most of that year. If you are interested I have some photos of the trip somewhere which may have some of your friends on (although it will be after Christmas now before I can dig them out). David Cashmore funnily enough put a roof on my house in Stechford Road just before we moved down here to Portsmouth.

Malcolm

Sorry for the delay in responding. I can't remember those two lads Paul and Terry but I tended to stay with the lads in my year. I must have seen you at school obviously but particularly because I was one of the milk monitors for Mr Owens class for most of that year. If you are interested I have some photos of the trip somewhere which may have some of your friends on (although it will be after Christmas now before I can dig them out). David Cashmore funnily enough put a roof on my house in Stechford Road just before we moved down here to Portsmouth.

Malcolm
Thanks Malcolm, don't think I would remember their faces after 60 years now, but thanks for the offer. Bob Edwards was in same class Dave Cashmore do you remember him? Also Derek Mead, Joy Goodman, Janice Haddy all in your year I knew. Merry Christmas

Back