• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Black Sabbath

If anyone is interested - Friday 22 July at 21:40hrs on BBC4 Ozzy Osbourne - 30 years after the Blizzard. I dont know if anyone saw Alan Yentob's John Lennon documentary in the week, that was another piece of greatness. Next Tuesdayis edition on BBC1 22:35hrs its Harry Nilsson story - looking forward to that.

thanks brummygirl...so pleased that this great band are playing their last gig in brum....

Fortunately I was able to get to the gig in Dublin to say farewell to my favourite band, it was touch and go whether I would be able to go having been in hospital most of the day having treatment but I got there, I had to stand near the back and stay quiet but still enjoyed it although sad it was the end. The BBC article typically focuses in on Ozzy whereas the real driving force behind the band has always been Tony Iommi and of them all he is the one who has maintained the closest links with his home city. The music will live on and nothing will change the fact that heavy metal music was invented in Birmingham :)

Simon

A friend of mine went to the O2 concert, paid to go in the "sound check" but won't tell me what it cost. To go in the dressing room to meet the band was £950 but not allowed to speak to them.. To think that when I lived in Knowle Tony was a regular sight walking around the village.

Possibly of interest
Friday 13 and Saturday 14 September: Home of Metal Symposium and Workshop: Music Heritage, People and Place
Symposium: 9.30am - 7.30pm, 13 September, Parkside Building, Birmingham City University

Organised in collaboration with the Birmingham Centre for Media and Cultural Research, Birmingham City University, this public event celebrates the Home of Metal project and music heritage and is produced alongside the Home of Metal programme and Black Sabbath 50 Years exhibition.
The Friday symposium features a range of expert presentations on Heavy Metal history and popular music heritage projects, alongside listening events and participation from online rock radio station Midlands Metalheads that will capture the day’s events and insights from attendees on the Home of Metal season.
This event is free to attend but do please register to help the organisers manage numbers and to enable them to notify you of updates to the schedule. You can register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/publ...heritage-people-and-place-tickets-63106654703

HI everybody,

I am this german Brummie who found theese pages only recently when looking for "motorbikes made in Birmingham" on the internet and I love to go through all these wonderful pages for hours! When I saw this Black Sabbath site (do you call it like this?), I decided to send you some pics of Sabbath from the old days, perhaps they did not reach em peoples down in Aston yet. (are you from Aston, Here the Astoness?) (I don´t really know Aston but I know that it is coverd with spaghetti all over). Bye bye, thank you for letting me be in beloved Birmingham!

P.S. a) I photographed an article in a german magazine b) most pictures are by my friend Lother Schiffler (lothar-schiffler.de) so I guess these people have the copyrights

oh dear, server full, I try again with more pics

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
HI everybody,

I am this german Brummie who found theese pages only recently when looking for "motorbikes made in Birmingham" on the internet and I love to go through all these wonderful pages for hours! When I saw this Black Sabbath site (do you call it like this?), I decided to send you some pics of Sabbath from the old days, perhaps they did not reach em peoples down in Aston yet. (are you from Aston, Here the Astoness?) (I don´t really know Aston but I know that it is coverd with spaghetti all over). Bye bye, thank you for letting me be in beloved Birmingham!

P.S. a) I photographed an article in a german magazine b) most pictures are by my friend Lother Schiffler (lothar-schiffler.de) so I guess these people have the copyrights

oh dear, server full, I try again with more pics
Danke!

thank you Brummie Dude Pete, lovely, I really am a babby (Säugling)! But let me try to get some morexa.JPGDSC00197 - Kopie (3).JPG pics into this machine.

oh. second picture worked, how can I reduce data of picture 7? I´m too old for that....... But let me continue.

But no luck,

xa.JPGDSC00197 - Kopie (3).JPGJeff and Phil were not with Sabbath as you know. Try Lothar´s website if you are interested. Or does anybody know hw to make these photos smaller (less amaount of data) with windows 10 (free)?

Attachments

• eclipsed_Black_Sabbath_05-2017.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Back