• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Black Country Museum 1980s

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Black_country_museum.jpg
normal_Black_country_museum~0.jpg
The day I visited with my Wife it rained heavy all day long, still as my Wife said it adds to the atmosphere, after looking at the finished painting I think she had a point. The building on the left is a pub called the Jug and Bottle

Last edited:
Cookie
This would have been taken before your visit, as they haven't finished putting the building back together. Also my hand wasn't very steady!
Mike

blackcountrymus8.jpg

hi eric...that pic is wonderful.....what an artist you are....:):)

hope to see you on saturday...

lyn:):)

Outstanding picture Eric.

My pub the Lad In The Lane in Bromford lane , would make a nice subject HINT HINT:):rolleyes:

Thanks again for kind comments, have not been to the museum since I lost my Wife 11 years ago, was told its being added to all the time, must try and make another visit with sketch book and digi camera. Hoping to take a few interier pics of Aston Hall on Saturday with a view to creating a few paintings. Did do a painting of the kitchens, unfortunately sold it without taking pictorial record. Eric

Frothblower, upload pic of the Pub and I will have a look how paintable it is, but I have to have a "feel" for the subject to do a passable painting. I lived in Erdington 25 years at Hillside Rd off Slade Rd and have visited the Lad in the Lane a few times but it was in the 60s and 70s so it may have altered somewhat. I did come 3rd in a National Compotition for a pub painting for the front cover of the annual "Quiet Pub" book, I painted "The Tramway Inn" in Hereford and it was exhibited with the winner and other runners up at the Mall Gallery London, it was the first painting I ever sold in London, I was proud as punch. That was many years ago.
. Eric

Last edited:
Another fine painting Eric. And you should still be proud, as it's always a joy to see your paintings.

Ann

Back