• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Black Country Lorry in Birmingham

Presumably the HP lorry photograph was taken at the HP works in Aston, which was certainly not in the Black Country. ;)
The body style is similar to that produced by Morris Commercial for the Royal Mail and GPO.
A shame the registration plate does not show.
I don't know if it helps but the registration number (partial) is OG 75? the final figure being obliterated, John.

1474 posts and over 30 mentions !
Well, from your statistics, its obvious the Forum already has heaps of information about the Startin company, and posting more images from the company's photo collection will be superfluous, so I'll not bother.
PA739

Well, from your statistics, its obvious the Forum already has heaps of information about the Startin company, and posting more images from the company's photo collection will be superfluous, so I'll not bother.
PA739

My post was to highlight the difficulty in sorting out the posts that refer to Startins in this long thread, and also what relevance they have to question in hand. The info on Startins would be very welcome and may deserve a thread of its own.

PA739
This is a friendly Forum which has been going for many years. Most Members try and help with information requests and furthering the history of Birmingham.
A good many of us live no where near Birmingham, in fact many, like me, have never lived there but we enjoy reading the threads and contributing to them when we can. Fora are places where someones intentions can be easily misunderstood, as you seem to have done with that by Pedrocut. Your comment about the Midland Red, appeared dismissive, but there were two ways of reading your comment. I think those posters here accepted that you were new to BHF and a tried to be, withing this Forum's spirit, to further develop the treads information and interest.

Back