• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bishopsgate Street Chip Shop

Were the chips any good in Bishopsgate Street? The name above the shop here in the mid-1950s looks to be T. Hasson. The general grocery shop next door was run by the Northall family for quite a few years .....

Bishopsgate Street - Chip Shop.jpg

Not the best place to shop in a downpour I think. The sag of the lintel over the entrance doorway probably would soak you. :scream:

Were the chips any good in Bishopsgate Street? The name above the shop here in the mid-1950s looks to be T. Hasson. The general grocery shop next door was run by the Northall family for quite a few years .....

View attachment 142852

Living in William Street 1955-69 I used the fish shop in Bishopsgate St . The shop was different externally to that, the proprietor was a Mr Jack Wood strapping man in his mid forties I guess . His brother Jim ran the fish and chip shop in William St , I used Bishopsgate St when Jim's shop was closed they tasted great from both shops , get them home half a sliced loaf buttered you can't beat it

Back