• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bishopsgate Street Chip Shop

Were the chips any good in Bishopsgate Street? The name above the shop here in the mid-1950s looks to be T. Hasson. The general grocery shop next door was run by the Northall family for quite a few years .....

Bishopsgate Street - Chip Shop.jpg

Not the best place to shop in a downpour I think. The sag of the lintel over the entrance doorway probably would soak you. :scream:

Were the chips any good in Bishopsgate Street? The name above the shop here in the mid-1950s looks to be T. Hasson. The general grocery shop next door was run by the Northall family for quite a few years .....

View attachment 142852

Living in William Street 1955-69 I used the fish shop in Bishopsgate St . The shop was different externally to that, the proprietor was a Mr Jack Wood strapping man in his mid forties I guess . His brother Jim ran the fish and chip shop in William St , I used Bishopsgate St when Jim's shop was closed they tasted great from both shops , get them home half a sliced loaf buttered you can't beat it

Back