• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

birth look up

ann hughes

master brummie
i am looking for a birth of harold benton mother susan benton nee boughton george benton living in aston birmingham they were married 1895
and cissie benton would be younger i ave the two other siblings alfred and winnie twins born 1903 hope you can help

John Young

master brummie
Hello Ann, choice of two for you ?

Harold George Benton registered B,ham 6d page 130 December 1896
Harold Thomas Benton ....... ,,,,,,,,, ,, ,, 135 September 1899

lynne webb

master brummie
On the 1911 census he is down as Harold George aged 14 so would think he is the one John found in 1896.

ann hughes

master brummie
hi ive just had email from a second cousin harold born 1890 married elsie had a son born nov 1926 harold was my dads brother i would love to know if alex is still alive or has any children many thanks for your reply

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harold George Benton married Elsie Alexander, their son Harold Alexander Benton was born in 1924 registered Jan qtr 1925 died in nuneaton in 1989.
A Harold A Benton married Vera M Shetton , believe this to be a transcribing error and the name is Stretton. Vera M Stretton was born Tamworth 1925.
Have found the births of Benton/Stretton but will IM you with them as they will be living persons.

Last edited:

ann hughes

master brummie
Ann I have removed your email address, not a good idea to post it on here.
To read the message i sent you just scroll to the top of the page and click into notifications.Alberta

Last edited by a moderator:

ann hughes

master brummie
i would be very interested with info benton/stretton sorry about the email but i have little understanding of how to work thing out on the computor {bit thick} as a result of my enquiries about paxton road and benton family i hope to meet a secound cousin week end and we both know very little of harold and his family

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ann, did you get my message about Harold Alexander Bentons childen.
They will still be alive so it is best not to publish their names on this forum.

rosejean

Brummie babby
Ann, did you get my message about Harold Alexander Bentons childen.
They will still be alive so it is best not to publish their names on this forum.
I am one of Harold Alexander Benton's children. Not sure how much shows up on forum thread so won't add more until I see what comes up. I have details of Benton/Strettonfamily down to Harold's grandchildren

ann hughes

master brummie
Hi just come across your message have not looked things up for a while was getting nowhere did know there are two children alive but did not know to trace them Harold Benton was my dad's brother my dad Alfred Richard Benton born 1903 was a twin Winnie Benton and older sister cissie none of us ever saw Harold or have a picture am in touch with with Winnie family