• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birth Certs

Smudge, the death certificate would be from a different place. The one I mentioned is for the burial records.
Lynn

Jan, Now that I'm not confused by the fact that I couldn't find the £7 charge, I've realised (I think) why you can't have a PDF of a marriage certificate. It's because it's a legal document and both birth and death certificates aren't in the same way. Erdington Parish church, for instance, could conduct baptisms and burials from the opening while it was still a chapel of ease, before it was licensed for marriages. What do you think?

Smudger you can use one of the methods listed above the information is,
Joan M Smith, 0 years,registered Jan/Feb/March qtr 1941 Volume 6d page 605
2 births of a Joan M Smith in this area in 1940
Joan M Smith registered Sept qtr 1940 West Bromwich mmn Holmes
Joan M Smith registered Dec qtr 1940 Birmingham mmn Jones.

Jan, Now that I'm not confused by the fact that I couldn't find the £7 charge, I've realised (I think) why you can't have a PDF of a marriage certificate. It's because it's a legal document and both birth and death certificates aren't in the same way. Erdington Parish church, for instance, could conduct baptisms and burials from the opening while it was still a chapel of ease, before it was licensed for marriages. What do you think?
Hi Pen. Yes those were my thoughts when I had stopped to consider things.

The marriage certificate is for family history research for a friend and I'm always more cautious about spending money for some else than I am for myself. I tend to think if it's for me and I make a mistake it's my own fault!

I`ve sent off for a copy of a death certificate. Can someone tell me if it will contain DOB even if age at death is 0.?

Smudger,

I've looked at a few of my old ones and the column heading says "Age". I have one that was 9 days old. Another one says 6 months, but none give a date of birth.

Maurice :cool:

Back