• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birth Certs

changinman1

master brummie
Hi all ...great people .....I havnt sent off for a BC for must be 10 years , what is the process , is it easier now and or is there an alternative way of viewing these or getting hold of them without having to pay £8 for one ??

ii always use GRO. You can now get some as PDF files and that is cheaper than a paper copy.

Last edited:
Hi all ...great people .....I havnt sent off for a BC for must be 10 years , what is the process , is it easier now and or is there an alternative way of viewing these or getting hold of them without having to pay £8 for one ??

these days £8 is cheap....they are a least double that if you went to the register office to collect one

lyn

Are they still doing PDF's? I don't seem to be able to find the appropriate page. Every time I log in they want £11 to post it and there doesn't seem to be a tick box for a PDF. I'm sure that when I looked last week they were still on offer.

Are they still doing PDF's? I don't seem to be able to find the appropriate page. Every time I log in they want £11 to post it and there doesn't seem to be a tick box for a PDF. I'm sure that when I looked last week they were still on offer.

I ordered a death certificate online through GRO as a PDF just a couple of days ago and received it this morning.

William.

Whilst we are on the topic of death, can anyone find burial details of my sister who died as a baby/infant and was buried in Witton cemetery around 1941. I have emailed Witton cemetery 3 times but i guess they may be very busy. Her name was Joan Smith. I thank you for any help.

I ordered a death certificate online through GRO as a PDF just a couple of days ago and received it this morning.

William.
Sorry to be a pain, but I have looked at the site several times and it only gives an option for £11 or £35. Could you possibly tell me the correct address for PDF'S and how you did it? I'm going cross-eyed trying to work it out. Many thanks.

Whilst we are on the topic of death, can anyone find burial details of my sister who died as a baby/infant and was buried in Witton cemetery around 1941. I have emailed Witton cemetery 3 times but i guess they may be very busy. Her name was Joan Smith. I thank you for any help.
Hi Smudge, there is a Joan Smith buried Jan 1941 at Witton listed on the Birmingham City Council website, but it's £20 to purchase the Digital Download.
Lynn

Hi Smudge, there is a Joan Smith buried Jan 1941 at Witton listed on the Birmingham City Council website, but it's £20 to purchase the Digital Download.
Lynn
Hi Lynn, many thanks for the info. I can now send for a copy of death certificate.

Back