• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birth Certificate Needed

Nigelhls

knowlegable brummie
Hello, all
How do I go about obtaining a copy of the birth certificate for my GGGGfather, James Hulse? From what I can gather, he was born in 1786, and died in Walsall in 1849. One of his sons (my GGGfather ) , Thomas Henry Hulse, was born a British Subject in Paris c1834, and married in West Bromwich in 1859. Thereafter, the family was living in Handsworth Wood.
Thanks for any assistance
Nigel

That date is too early for a birth certificate. I had a quick look at Familysearch and it gives a birth date of 12 Feb 1786, to a father William Hulse, in Cheshire.

I don't know how to post a link, but put Familysearch in to your search engine, and it's a free website run by the Mormon Church.

rosie.

When searching the IGI ,(Mormon site) you have to be wary of submitted entries by LDS members as they are not verified.
If the entry says it is extracted it has been taken from the actual church record.
The only extracted James Hulse is 1787 Middlewich Cheshire and just gives mother Margaret.
James Hulse married Eliza Griffiths at Walsall St, Matthews ,24th November 1824 if you could get SKS to look up the St Matthews records it may
have the names of the fathers.

Many thanks, Alberta. I forgot to mention that his wife was Eliza, so that's him alright.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what is SKS? I'm fairly new to this!!

Regards
Nigel

Back