• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham's Working Horses

Picture attached you can see the working horse behind the bus 3a it looks like Hill Steet or Pinfold Street as you can se the Town hall in the background
The bus is an old friend of ours, now apparently at Harborne garage. This time we know where it is. Did we ever solve the previous problem
Bob
We sure do! While I can appreciate the technology, I am fearful of what irresponsible people will do.

Little and large.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the current record holder for the tallest horse is Priefert’s Radar, a Belgian gelding standing 19.3-1/2 hands (that’s 6′7-1/2″ or just over 2.01m) and weighing 2400 pounds. Radar was born in 1998 in Iowa, and now resides on the Priefert Ranch in Mount Pleasant

1690007958506.png

This may help from the The story of Ty-phoo and the Birmingham tea industry

“A decision was made on the 21 July 1784 at a Towns Meeting held in the Public Office, Dale End, that the Old Cross, which was in a ruinous state, was to be pulled down. All the furniture belonging to the Commissioners of the Courd of Requests was sold by auction on 13 August 1784, and the Court moved into new premises - an old tea warehouse at 28 High Street. They evidently only occupied part of the building, for Pye's 1797 Birmingham Directory shows Mansell still operating his tea warehouse at that address. A century later the premises were known as The Old Court Tea Warehouses.”

Many years ago there was a Drill Sergeant at the Guards Depot in Caterham, his favourite saying was "Even if you cant look like Ronald Coleman, there is no reason to look like the Coop coalman. Bernard
The Wharf was on Yardley road, It is now called Richardson FC & son LTD, Aggregate supplier.

Back