• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham's military hospitals 1914-1918

Just thought anyone looking for info on this subject might like to see my page at https://www.1914-1918.net/southerngen.htm.

Always interested in gathering more information and stories on this subject.

Hi Chris, good article, Sir

I cant remember how detailed this committee was but you may be interested in looking at this at Brum Archives, if you havent already.

BIRMINGHAM WAR HOSPITALS COMMITTEE 1915 - 1920

A Committee established in April, 1915 and was formed from the Rubery Hill Asylum Sub-Committee. It consisted of 6 members of the Council, along with representatives from the Hospital. Its function was to make all necessary arrangements, along with the War Office, for staffing, equipping, administering and controlling Rubery Hill Asylum and Hollymoor as temporary military hospitals.

April 1915 – January 1917 minutes 1 – 304
February 1917 – August 1918 minutes 305 – 645
September 1918 – December 1920 minutes 646 – 916

I have a very nice post card of "Stoneleigh", Vicarage Road, Stechford which was used as a military hospital. I am new to this, but will try to work out how to post it - unless it is already on and I have missed it.

Back