• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Youth Theatre

Weoley

knowlegable brummie
Probably a long shot:

This company ceased to exist in 1987. It was based at the MAC in Cannon Hill. Does anybody have any old cuttings, literature, info about the company?

Were you in it? What memories or stories do you have?

(btw, please don't direct me to the Wikipedia page, because it was me that wrote it!) :D

Hi Weoley,

I don't remember what it was called back then, but about 68/69 I saw some plays at the MAC, and also took part in some improvised drama sessions there. I was in The Marat/Sade by Peter Weiss at The Crescent Theatre. The play was directed by Paul Clements (he wrote The Improvised Play The Work of Mike Leigh). And a lot of the actors for that production were from the MAC. I know somewhere I have a cutting, if only I can find it.
I think Paul Clements was in charge of drama at the MAC at that time, certainly had a lot to do with it.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would resurrect this request as I have started looking at it again and I never did get anywhere last time.

Back