• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham tribute to WW1 centenary

john bev

master brummie
Do you know that in several Parks around the City they have planted poppies to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of World War 1. Here is a photograph from Witton lakes, Perry Common. It would be interesting to see a photograph of your local park.

P6290342.jpg

Here are a couple more photographs from Witton lakes the short heath road side. now in full bloom. I have also seen a similar display at the Kingstanding circle.

Attachments

• P7230375.jpg
    P7230375.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P7230376.jpg
    P7230376.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 11
wow how wonderful john...thanks ever so much for posting those photos...

lyn

Back