• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Book : Birmingham - The Hidden History Mike Hodder

Radiorails

master brummie
Due to an Amazon refund, on something from Japan for my granddaughter, that seemed to get lost, I decided to spend the refund, to clear the amount, I ordered two books. One deals with West Bromwich Corporation bus history and the other - the reason for this post - is "Birmingham The Hidden History" by Michael Hodder.

Mr. Hodder may be known to some folks here as he is described as the cities planning archaeologist - among other things - and I find his book is quite informative particularly dealing with many places I never visited as a youngster. I am only part way through it at present. Some here may well have, or have read, this book. But for those unfamiliar with it I would say that it is not light reading - not really bedtime, when most folk are tired, but it does shed light on the cities past from prehistoric to recent times. It was originally published in 2002 but this reprint, with amendments, is dated 2011.

I am sure the book would be available in some, if not all, of the cities libraries but if you prefer your own copy then £17.99 (less from some bookstores) is what it would cost.

Back