• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Malcolm Clulow Birmingham snowflake maker

C

Catkin

Some of you know that i am nuts about science, last night i was watching a programme about snow and the types of snow we get and why, we get snow, ET CETERA
Water freezes and is known as super cool water until something is introduced a particle of dust or some other foriegn agent and only then do the crystals form into a solid mass.
The first snowflake that was ever produced was by a man by the name of Nokia he grew them in a lab is was fascinating to watch them form in to so many different shapes, these depend on the temperature and humidity in which the crystal grows.
Then Malcolm Clulow appeared.

Malcolm Clulow is the worlds prolific snowmaker BIRMINGHAM BORN he was bullied at school but went on to become a refridgeration engineer and then and now a snowmaker. So far he has built 11 constructions all over the world even a SKI DUBIA PRODUCT...Cat

Always glad and proud to see a Birmingham Invention.

I did notice his accent last night though.

Back