• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Restaurants

The last time i went to the Impney about 5 years ago it was a cavery James's cavery i think, must so it was well above average, even though the hotel was in receivership.

Very interesting to see the advertisement for Kam Ling Chinese restaurant. This was the first Chinese restaurant in which I dined. I was about 12 or 13 at the time and was taken there by my parents and some of their friends and family. I was persuaded to have the "Kam Ling Special" and remember it was full of chinese vegetables that I had never tasted before; bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, beansprouts together with slices of pork, beef and chicken all cooked so differently and more exoticly than I had ever experienced before and I remember it came with a fried egg on top! That night I tasted Soy sauce for the first time too
A wonderful night never to be forgotten.

Back