• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Book: Birmingham Pubs by Keith Turner

BordesleyExile

master brummie
Keith Turners's book Birmingham Pubs is a real labour of love, well researched it comprises a wealth of pictures. It has sections on back streets, villags, suburban roadhouses, town taverns & last orders including of course that classic section on The Woodman. There is even a section on woth a visit.
Every time I pick up this book it gives me renewed pleasure. It is indeed one of my better purchases.
The attached pictures give an indication of the content.
The book is even available for as little as £3.99 new! Bargain.
https://www.find-book.co.uk/0752418092.htm
Jamaica Row Woodman 1890
Cambridge St Prince of Wales 1929
Allison St Digbeth 1906 (Digbeth photos are all to rare)
Park St 1867

Two more pictures from Keith Turner's fascinating book Birmingham Pubs.
King Edwards Place facing (now) Broad St 1791
Lower Temple St Pit Bar entrance 1901
Suffolk St Wheatsheaf 1895

Fascinating, lovely pics, and that does look a bargain. By any chance is there anything on The Sydenham Palace please?

I cannot see anything on Sydenham Palace aka Sydenham Hotel / Green Man / Criterion in this book, Aidan, but I have emailed you with some info that I do have.

Hope St pics are very rare indeed, I am afraid Mike, & there are none in this book. Hope St is an area of interest of mine & I have been looking out for ages.

Back