• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BIRMINGHAM PUBS AND BREWERIES

J

Jerry

7th December 1968

https://www.midlandspubs.co.uk/

Just came upon this site
It's a huge site and I've only had time for a quick browse but it looks great
It's full of information about pubs and breweries of the Midlands, past and present

:angel: Jerry I posted that address on forum last year and John and Rod have it on the main site I think... However good to remind people and let newbies know. That site has been having an update of late, but I notice a number of it's areas are up and running again, Keiron like our chaps does a great job. There were some great old area maps on the site which I use a lot and some of the pic's of the pubs are of the ones my Dad played the '  'Ol Joanna' in. :)

Chris :angel;

Oh no you didn't, Chris! :coolsmiley: I posted it many, many years ago... so there! :tickedoff:

And when they ask who started this row I suppose I'll get the blame - again :(

:angel: Well  :-[ I must say much to my shame that Paul got there first 25.01 2004
Oisin
BAR MEMBERS

Pubs WebSite
« on: January 25, 2004, 01:04:38 PM »

Here's a website that will be of interest to anyone who likes a pint. You can track down the history of the pubs in your area.    

I don't know who's behind it, it seems to be in the early stages of developement but there's already a lot of interesting stuff. I found the bit about Brummegem Boozers (drinkers, not pubs) very entertaining.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pomgolian
BRA MEMBERS

Pubs WebSite
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 07:02:10 AM »  

Paul you beat me to it! I have been to the site a few times and was going to reccomend it.
Already told Eric Hill about it as there is some good stuff on Nechells Pubs. It truly is worth a view.  

I had just posted it to Eric Hill for the Nichells site when on the same day Paul Posted it here on the Aston Forum. I have posted it a number of times since in answer to peoples requests in their family research. O0
So no harm done THIS TIME  :crazy2:

Thank you Chris for taking the unusual step for a woman in admitting you were wrong!... Good on ya to risk the wrath of your BRAlot colleagues! :smitten:

Back