• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Post Office

ChrisM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elsewhere in this Forum we have mentioned a gentleman by the name of George Tibbitts who worked for the Post Office/GPO and died in the course of his Home Guard service on Boxing Day, 1940. I subsequently produced a page commemorating George and several other of his comrades in the Birmingham Post Office Home Guard unit. It can be read here.

I have recently been contacted by George's granddaughter, asking me whether I have any further information about his working life in the Post Office, and, especially, images. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing. Can any Forum member offer any information about the wartime Birmingham GPO and, especially, whether there are any ways of researching individual employees? It is a long shot but I live in hope! Thanks very much.

Chris

Back