• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Parish Records online

Jayell

master brummie
Ancestry have today posted some Birmingham Parish Records online which have kept me busy! I've already had success with finding where some were buried and married!

Judy

Judy great news. I see the American Ancestry are offering a discount on finding your DNA - I wish the UK one would, it would be really interesting to find where you originally came from. Carol

Wow! Wouldn't that be great. I'd definitely go for it Carol. At the moment I'm just having fun with the parish registers and have been able to find where many of mine are buried - good to know where their final resting places are.

Judy

Judy I have had a look and there are marriage entries for my ancestors Thomas Taylor and Sarah Stringer in St Phillips, but there are three 7, 15 & 24 December 1808 for their marriage. I wonder why? and which one is it?

Phew I am worn out so many records. A fantastic result at last found where my great granny Eliza Yates is buried. I have searched for years. Never thought it would be Aston Parish Church in 1926, this must mean a family grave. I don't suppose it's there as most of the headstones have been removed and placed along the path...oh well fingers crossed I can find something.

i can find marrages baptist records but not buriel is it me being dumb but when i put a name in there is no results
josie

Carol - I think MWS and Aston Lad are right. They sound like Banns to me.

Judy

MWS, Aston Lad and Judy I will take the last one then which shows they married Xmas Eve. Great fun. But looking further into it, my ancestor was Abel Taylor b1809 Yardley but there is another one on the new records B1780 who married Mary in 1805 in Sutton Coldfield. I am now wondering if this is in fact his father's (Thomas circa B1785) brother as it seems unusual to have 2 Abel Taylors as I have never found one in the 'old' ancestry records. I need to find where Thomas was born, hopefully I will now.

Can anyone help me to find the final resting place of my great great grandparents please!
Michael John Parker born 11 sept 1847- died 21 Sept 1899 at 23 Arthur Road, Aston
Jane Parker (nee Walker) 1849- died 6th Sept 1899 at 23 Arthur Road, Aston
I would love to be able to find their graves but have no idea where they could be buried, any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

As usual there are transcription problems Abraham was William, Matilda was Rebecca, etc. BUT I'm just so glad they are online now, I can re-do all the note I made in the Library when the readers didn't print like computers do.
rosie.

johanna, I've just a look for your "Parkers" but they aren't listed...sorry.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me to find the final resting place of my great great grandparents please!
Michael John Parker born 11 sept 1847- died 21 Sept 1899 at 23 Arthur Road, Aston
Jane Parker (nee Walker) 1849- died 6th Sept 1899 at 23 Arthur Road, Aston
I would love to be able to find their graves but have no idea where they could be buried, any help would be really appreciated. Thank you
At a guess with the death dates and addresses I would say they are probably buried at Witton Cemetery. Sadly their records are ont online.

Try writing to Witton cemetery......I did and got a nice reply with locations for my family's gravesites.

Back