• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Sad to hear he passed away
I trained there 1978 onwards.

More than likely that we shared the dojo at the same time somewhere along the way. I trained there (and these are guesses) 73 to about76 then moved from brum for while then moved back and trained again for a while and this went on until around 1980 (work kept moving me around). My wife used to come and wait in the bar, one night Eddie said 'if you can pull a pint your can work the bar' and she did on and off and Kimura took a shine to her on a visit lol.

Nice video of him here

Hello Bob, I worked on the door at The Surfside Stop for a short while. My main reason for leaving was only one doorman and I had to keep going down in the lift when someone wanted to come in and worse still. I would have to go in the lift with anyone I was evicting. That was dangerous if there was more than one of them.
Hi Stitcher Do you remember much about the owners when it was the Balalaika?

Back