• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Newspapers

dtye

proper brummie kid
Hello there,

I am not sure where I need to be with this question so I'll just ask,
On September 16th 1916 Caroline G.M.Rogers married Ivor B.Needham, this was a double wedding with Charles William Rogers & Lola Enid Needham. It took place at the Parish Church of St.Oswald, Bordesley. I'm told there were 6 bridesmaids too, this would have been an unusual wedding I think because Caroline & Charles were brother and sister and so were Lola and Ivor and they lived next door to each other. I want to know if there was a local paper at that time and if this event might have been recorded. I don't live in the area and don't know what papers there are. Can anyone advise me all help would be much appreciated?

Regards

Deborah

Newspapers in the Archives and Heritage Service
The Birmingham Post first appeared in 1857;
the Birmingham Daily Mail, now the Evening Mail, in 1870;

You can contact Archives and Heritage Service by
Tel: 0121 303 4217, 0121 303 4549 or 0121 303 4220
Fax: 0121 233 4458
Email: [email protected]

Hi Deborah I think if it were reported in a paper it would be in either the Birmingham Mail or The Birmingham Post. I don't think it was very unusual for two brothers to marry two sisters it happened in my family although much earlier in the 1840's. I would think with them being married on the same day with so many bridesmaids it probably would make the local paper. These are held at Birmingham Central Library on microfiche.

Back