• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Museums At Risk

How is it that years ago we seemed to have little or no restrictions on financial support for our museums, galleries, Libraries, Social services etc..., is it all about the enormous debt incurred by the equal pay for women, or is the council incompetent in running its services and finances ??? Eric

Mike

It's interesting to note that this article is headed by a photo of the Thinktank Science Museum that has an entrance fee of £13.oo. Five years ago there were talks of amalgamating this museum with the BMAG. Do you think they are trying to tell us something?

Phil
The report and comments are from the museum association, not the council, so I doubt it

Don't know if this is the right place but it's about Birmingham Museums. That entrance fee of £13 (post 3) seems an awful lot doesn't it? Last Spring, my husband felt the same and bought an annual membership card for about £40 as he goes to the Think Tank quite a lot. It admits 2 people to all the museums. So far we've been to Aston Hall twice, once being the Victorian Day, Blakesley Hall twice, for Hallowe'en and Guy Fawkes (where we saw a play about Guy Fawkes - mainly for children but interesting!) and a Christmas costumed tour of the Museum of the Jewellery Qtr. We've still got a few to do but well worth the outlay.

Back