• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Medal Co.

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
Hello, I'm looking for any information on the Birmingham Medal co. - Silversmiths and Medallists.

I believe that they were formed in 1921 and employed many disabled ex servicemen ( injured in the Great War ).
I know that in 1922 they operated out of 58 Vittoria St, 1926 they moved to Summer Hill Terrace, Sandpits, 1930 at 22 Frederick Street, 1939 changed their name to Birmingham Medal and Badge Co, 1944 at 29 & 30 Albion Street, 1963 at 95 Albion Street and the last trace I have of them is in 1972 at 30 Frederick Street all in the Jewellry quarter.

The managing Director was Hal (Harold) Stewart Turner who may have been a military man as he had connections to the Ancient Order of Froth Blowers which sprung up in the 1920's initially through the armed forces.

Their makers mark is BM Co and they produced a wide variety of objects including enamel badges and RAC and AA car badges.
Any information on any aspect would be warmly received.

Regards
Ian
Originally posted in error under the Genealogy section.

Back