• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham History On Bank Notes

And not before time I think. Below Watford, Birmingham is hardly recognised, or so it would seem.

Lets wait untill the next note with William Murdoch featured ah well !!!

I suppose two out of three ain't bad Wendy. Watched the news tonight and thought about blooming time. Jean.

Well I feel quite honoured in that I worked for Bill Bloye in the 1950s, doing the clay models used for the statues in Brum of Boulton Murdoch and Watt now going to appear on a Fifty Quid note .John Crump OldBrit.Parker, Co USA

True recognition of two of the major players in the industrial history of Birmingham. An accolade which the citizens - even those with little sense of the cities history (which often seems to include the City Fathers) - should welcome and be proud of.

Maybe Devon can look forward, at a future time, to Thomas Newcomen (born in Dartmouth) being featured on a bank note. :friendly_wink:

Back