• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham FC

IMGP3279.jpg IMGP3280.jpg
Had a sort through a few old programmes and there he was.Do you remember the song that went with him by the Roy Green Trio.Roy is in one of the Loccarno pics I posted(post 29).I always thouht he looked like Beau Brummie !

Do you remember the song by Harvey Andrews that they used to play on Matchdays "Good old Brummagem".Another that haunts me from the time I was there was "Lazy,Crazy,Hazy days of Summer" by Nat King Cole.They would use it to test the sound system,usually when it was snowing or Weeing it down ! Someone had warped a sense of humour.

Great to see Beau Brummie again...you know..in a funny sort of way...his return would seem very appropriate.
I have to admit...I can't remember the song of the Roy Green trio.
Many thanks for posting it keegs.

Thanks Keegs for the information regarding Jack Sykes, He was my dad, but I haven't much information about his playing career so I am really grateful for your input.

Thanks Keegs for the information regarding Jack Sykes, He was my dad, but I haven't much information about his playing career so I am really grateful for your input.
No probs,glad to help.If I find anything else I'll pass it on.

Do you remember the song by Harvey Andrews that they used to play on Matchdays "Good old Brummagem".Another that haunts me from the time I was there was "Lazy,Crazy,Hazy days of Summer" by Nat King Cole.They would use it to test the sound system,usually when it was snowing or Weeing it down ! Someone had warped a sense of humour.
IMGP3288.JPG
Harvey Andrews.

Nice post stars.They didn't pad the programmes out much back then did they.Just the basics.

Why do these football posts so often turn nasty? This thread may have to be closed unless it gets back to friendly banter.

In the hope that things will improve I am removing the last few posts. Note: this does not infer any bias on my part either way - I have no interest in football whatsoever just the smooth friendly running of this site.

If anyone has an issue with that please contact me or another member of the Admin Team.

Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the B,ham Women,s team on its achievement.Do,s this mean some of the girls will be turning out for you next season???

Back