• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Factory Football Teams

daverock, There were the Green twins, the Summer lads do not ring a bell,I will have to ask my friend tonight.

Dave

IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2330.jpg My son is home visiting for a few days.
He found these watch fobs in a charity shop in Leicester and gave them to me ( Good lad )
Can someone throw some light on them, they are both Sterling Silver.

Was there not in the fifties a midweek league in which some works teams, including City Transport played?
Bob

Here is a photo of my wife's grandfather with the Ripingilles football team 1926/7.

His name was John Henry Fenton and he is the chap dressed in a suit on the left hand side of the front row.
004.jpg

Regards from Redruth

Arnold

My father worked at Linread in the 1940's and played in their football team.
They won a shield in the 1945/46 season (I don't know what that was unfortunately).
Here is a group photo of the team, my father is in the front row, third from the left...

IMG-20210709-WA0000.jpg

....and here is a photo of three of them in the break, Dad in the middle and his team mate enjoying a smoke!IMG-20210709-WA0001.jpg

Great picture. In 1946 Linread played in Division 6 of the Birmingham Works FA, but can’t find any cup matches yet.

Back