• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Demolition.

W

Wendy

I have been loaned an amazing collection of photo's of buildings during demolition in Birmingham. The gentleman who loaned them to me is not to well so couldn't tell me much about them. I have told him I will scan them and they will be saved forever. I am hopefully going to visit him soon when he is up to a visit so he can explain more about the photo's, where they were taken dates etc. This one clearly shows Webley and Scott before they moved to West Bromwich.

img315.jpg

Wendy

Your photo with the gasometer's I would think was taken from the Rupert St - Cromwell St Nechells area. The one with the lorry tipper body up must have been taken from the Newton St - James Watt St area of the City because that's the Lewis's building in the background.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil I knew you would know where they were taken. Stephen, will scan and post some more. These photo's really must be saved.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are good will sort some more tomorrow I was distracted today. Has anyone any idea what the chimney was in post #2.

This is a collection of photo's of the demolition of Josiah Mason's Orphanage.

img318.jpg

Thanks for posting these excellent photos Wendy. It's sad to see the demolitions especially the Josiah Mason's Orphange which many of us remember.

Back