• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Dairies and Audlem, Cheshire

spelliott51

In the mid 1890's I believe that Birmingham Dairies built a creamery in Audlem, Cheshire next to what was Audlem Station. The buildings still exist as houses (there were 4 houses and the Creamery unit). Apparently during WW2 the creamery unit was converted to clothing production before being converted to a dwelling in the 60's. This photo was taken in 1967.
I am trying to find out more about this but of course Birmingham Dairies closed down quite a few years ago. Are there any records that I could access to find out more??

Attachments

• The Creamery 9th May 1967.jpeg
    The Creamery 9th May 1967.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 5
This is all I could find I'm afraid.

Attachments

• creamery1.jpg
    creamery1.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 13
  • creamery2.jpg
    creamery2.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 13
  • creamery3.jpg
    creamery3.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 13
It's amazing to think that 120 years ago they were bringing milk all that distance but then again there weren't may farms in Birmingham!!

Back