• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Will do, just found out from the 1921 census that my great grandad was at King's Norton fire station cotteridge. Hopefully I can get some records.

I think the photo was taken outside the house in Lightwoods Park. I doubt if they would all fit onto the bandstand there though!.
rosie.
Strangely enough I was thinking that the double bass and kettle drum players would have great problems trying to march along with those instruments! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pagan.

What was your Dad's name I wonder?
I was on the Birmingham Dog Section (With Tosca) 1968 to 1974. I was based at Thornhill, very convenient as I lived in Handsworth at the time. As handlers though we covered the whole of 'C' Division.

John Walker

Hi Pagan.

What was your Dad's name I wonder?
I was on the Birmingham Dog Section (With Tosca) 1968 to 1974. I was based at Thornhill, very convenient as I lived in Handsworth at the time. As handlers though we covered the whole of 'C' Division.

John Walker
Hi John
Do you remember Don Woodhall C222 and Ted Minchin Collators Office. Don lived in Beechglade, Handsworth Wood. He left in late 1973 to run a record shop in College Road. He re-joined in 1975.
Regards
Andrew

Would this be Inspector Tony Schucks Father he was an Inspector at D Div Sutton Coldfield PS
Yes that was my dad. He was at Thornhill Road from 1965 until 1981 when he retired. He then did 10 years with WMP Community Services. He passed on in January 2011. I still have his old night helmet from early 50s! I retired in 2005 after 33 years with Birmingham City Police and WMP.

Yes that was my dad. He was at Thornhill Road from 1965 until 1981 when he retired. He then did 10 years with WMP Community Services. He passed on in January 2011. I still have his old night helmet from early 50s! I retired in 2005 after 33 years with Birmingham City Police and WMP.

HI I got to know your dad at Sutton Coldfield PS NW, Crime Panel, Victim Support. We Both shared and interest in Birmingham Aston Area and trams of which he visited my uncle with he made a CD of uncles memories working on the Birmingham trams all his life. We also had an interest in Where your granddad used to live at the back the hoses in Sandy Lane Aston I was born across the road 4 Sandy Lane. To get to your Granddads house you used to go up a entry the sise of Katie Dampners Shop ( not sure if that spelling is right). Your dad was a real gent he so easy to get on with, and very happy talking about olds in Aston. Thanks for getting back to me Ray Griffiths

HI I got to know your dad at Sutton Coldfield PS NW, Crime Panel, Victim Support. We Both shared and interest in Birmingham Aston Area and trams of which he visited my uncle with he made a CD of uncles memories working on the Birmingham trams all his life. We also had an interest in Where your granddad used to live at the back the hoses in Sandy Lane Aston I was born across the road 4 Sandy Lane. To get to your Granddads house you used to go up a entry the sise of Katie Dampners Shop ( not sure if that spelling is right). Your dad was a real gent he so easy to get on with, and very happy talking about olds in Aston. Thanks for getting back to me Ray Griffiths
It was me Tony that visited your uncor George Cross in Blakeland St. Still gotcopy of CD and pictures of my friend George God bless him!

So good to hear from you again. Remember you from The Crime panel. I still have tram memorabilia.

It was me Tony that visited your uncor George Cross in Blakeland St. Still gotcopy of CD and pictures of my friend George God bless him!
Sorry Tony I miss understood I thought it was one your children.I moved Devon 17 years ago from Dower Rd Ray

Last edited:
I will post again for you tomorrow. Out and about at the moment. I will update you. Sounds as if you live in a nice part of the world!

Back