• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham City Council - Archives Section?

hi phil..yes initially you can get into the archives dept without an appointment thats not the problem...if the info you are looking for is available to view in that room you can do so ...i am taking it you were shown the red covered city of birmingham planning book which in on the shelves which lists all the streets in birmingham that the library has photos of...as you found out you then have to fill in slip stating the ref numbers of the photos you want to look at then take it to the counter and arrange an appointment there and then to go back up there at a later date to look at them...i then go up on the date given to me...the photos are there waiting for me to look at...i then take photos with my camera of the said photos (they now charge £2 for the use of your camera..used to be free) or as you did ask for copies of them...did not know that had stopped that facility as like i said i just take photos of the photos..never asked for photo copies before..as i offered to snowball if you would like me to have a go for you let me know...hope to be going to the library this week...

lyn

Last edited:
Back