• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham City Centre 1964

Re: Birmingham City Centre 1954

Hello Wendy,hope you and your's are all well?
That was a grt piece of film how smart people looked none of them with there trousers down there backside and all.
The times they are a changein, take care regards Derek

Hello Derek to true the town seems so uncluttered and not a track suit or take out coffee in sight...ah!!

Before my time, but makes you think about how much things have changed, people had more pride in themselves and their surroundings I think - maybe there wasn't the "easy come, easy go" attitude that seems to prevail today.
Thanks for posting it Wendy
Sue

Unsure why the date changed from my original post it should be 1964.

Wendy. Thanks for posting that. I havent seen it before, and it was wonderful to see. Many thanks.

forgot to say john i used to work at bell and nicholson...that photo bought back memories

lyn
That's Birmingham as I remember it in my train spotting days and every vehicle British made. We moved to Cannock in the 60s and I've had a problem finding my way around the city ever since. I have fond memories of Snow Hill, my elder brother would go for accordion lessons with Pamela Deakin and I would nip across to spot a few locos.

Back