• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham City - Arthur Foster!

Frank Parker

https://frankparker.website
Can anyone please help me find any information on Arthur Webster Foster (1894-1954) who played inside left for The Blues. I am told he scored 2 goals in 1918. Do you think the club would still have records of him playing for them and photo's?

Bluebrummie. I have searched through all the books I have on the Blues, and like you, I cant find any mention of your Foster. I would imagine the Club itself might be able to help, if not with a photo, then with information on his appearances, etc. Try them anyway, and good luck. From one Bluenose to another. Barry.

Cricket records have a

Arthur Webster Foster b. 12th august 1894 Deritend
d. 8th January 1954 Acocks Green

Played cricket for Warwickshire- Wicket keeper and right hand batsman.

Bluebrummie. I have searched through all the books I have on the Blues, and like you, I cant find any mention of your Foster. I would imagine the Club itself might be able to help, if not with a photo, then with information on his appearances, etc. Try them anyway, and good luck. From one Bluenose to another. Barry.

Thanks Barry. I did contact them but they never got back to me! I will try again. Keep Right On! :)

Cricket records have a Arthur Webster Foster b. 12th august 1894 Deritend
d. 8th January 1954 Acocks Green. Played cricket for Warwickshire- Wicket keeper and right hand batsman.

Thanks Alberta. I am going to Edgbaston Cricket Ground Monday so I should find out more about him and his Brother Frank. :)

Arthur W Foster definitely played for Blues in 1913.

Thanks mate. :)

Much obliged Alf, thank you. :)

Last edited:
BlueBrummie.... my all-players database shows the following info

Player: Arthur W Foster
Born: 1894 Deritend
Clubs: Corinthians (non-league); Birmingham; Acocks Green (non-league)

Just one year's data available....

1913 Birmingham; pos. #10 (inside left); games played = 2; goals scored = 1.

I imagine that if you visited the main reception on Cattell Road and asked for Julia Shelton (football secretary), she would put you in contact with someone who could help find Arthur's full club details.

ps If you turn up there wearing a wok on your head and intimate that you may be interested in buying the club, I'm sure you'll receive VIP treatment! :)

Back