Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history.
While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.
We do hope you enjoy your visit.
BHF Admin Team
i knew the face but just couldnt place her phil...if you had said diana trent i would have got it...wouldnt mind but over the past week ive been watching open all hours every night on you tubewell done jan
All the answers and results to the 2018 Christmas Quiz.
1. Who is the connection between these two buildings? Pugin worked on the design of both of them answered by two
2. Who is this? Carl Wayne answered by two
3. Where is this? Devon Street Nechells answered by signman
4. Who is this? Stephanie Cole answered by pjmburns
5. Where is this? The Oratory answered by sospiri
6. Who is and this why is he connected to Birmingham? Rev Wilbert Awdry author of Thomas The Tank wrote while he was the Curate of St Nicholas Kings Norton. Answered in a joint effort by two, pjmburns & signman
7. What is the connection between these two locations? The two locations where Anthony Pratt inventor of Cluedo was born and died answered by pjmburns
8. Where is This? Canterbury School Handsworth answered by old mohawk
9. Who is the gentleman and where is he? Sid Field 1950’s comedian returning to his old house in Osbourne Road Sparkbrook. Answered by a combined effort two & sospiri
10 Where is this? Crick Lane Handsworth answered by two
So the ones who total most questions correctly first are as following are Two with a total of 3 and five sixths points. pjmburns with a total of two and one third points Sospiri with a total of one and a half points Signman with one and one third points Old mohawk with one point.
Well done to those who took part and managed to get a correct answer, commiserations to those who took part and didn’t manage to get a right answer, but there is always next year.
Please tell me if you thought this quiz too hard, it always difficult to judge what is hard and what is easy so advice is always welcome.
I agree with Lyn & Janice. I left Brum almost 58 years ago and when I left, there were many areas of the City that I didn't know at all. Plus I am an old geezer and if I manage to score half a point, I'm very happy! Thanks for taking the time to organise them.