• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham buses

I moved to West Sussex some 25 years ago and renovating the garden I came across a salt glazed pipe in the way, so removing it revealed a makers name....I Googled the company and they were in Poole Dorset many years ago and the surprise was....they had a fleet of old Birmingham Corporation buses they used to pick their work force up with....don't ask me now what the name was but I found it a most interesting read and seeing all those old buses with Birmingham registrations

Has anybody by chance got any photos of the Bus Driver Competition of the year that took place at the NEC in the middle eights ¿, I participated in this representing Hockley Garage, but dont have any photos, thank you.

Hi LLoyd, I walked (or ran) 4 times a day, Morning, Lunch time twice and home again in the evening. Our house was in Bertha Road off Tomey Road home of the 'James.

The attitude of some passengers is no better today (not really a surprise!) and was the main reason I was glad to get out of the job when I did. As for 'dud' money, any shortages were taken out of wages.

Back