• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Buses 1953

Novelty

knowlegable brummie
Some photo's taken with my 'box brownie', two at Rednal featuring 2913 & 2956 the other with 2956. 2927 & 2604. The other one was taken at Bearwood terminus featuring 2227.

Lovely pics Novelty, the only one I immediately recognised was the Leyland at Bearwood. Providing you have decent light and the fixed focus lens is within its own focus range it suprising how good photographs can be when taken with relativly inexpensive cameras, well done.

I allways thought these "tin fronts" looked better after they cut the bottom of the wings away to allow better brake cooling. Presumably thats why the dustbin lids on the wheels went as well!!

I think it was the Guys that had the brake overheating problem but they cut back the wings on all 'tin fronts' as well as removing the wheel discs to help. I persnally preferred them in their original condition.

Thanks for the photos Novelty, nice to see the rear of the old standards for a change as well.

lovely photo's and what memories what is it about tram's,Bus's and trains, which evoke such rememberences brings brum back with a great bang for me.
paul

Back