• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham black history inquiry

tiadamalihortin

Hi guys
wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, so if not please delete or redirect me. I am doing a project on the Black history pf Birmingham and am trying to collect together some information on early Poc presence. this includes contributions during the war potentially in the auxiliary territorial service or as combat servicemen as well as later post windrush contributions. if anyone can point me in the right direction or has information themselves and is willing to chat , i would be very grateful.
thanks in advance

Bob Johnson

master brummie
Hi guys
wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, so if not please delete or redirect me. I am doing a project on the Black history pf Birmingham and am trying to collect together some information on early Poc presence. this includes contributions during the war potentially in the auxiliary territorial service or as combat servicemen as well as later post windrush contributions. if anyone can point me in the right direction or has information themselves and is willing to chat , i would be very grateful.
thanks in advance
Poc ?

Haylb

Brummie babby
Hi try Nino brown 104 heathfield rd Bham 19 0121 554 2747 bini brown knows a lot also a soldier called hector pinkney handsworth library he dies karate lessons in the park married to a Vietnamese lady I know a lot but am tracing my own family at the moment and have just joined the group let me know how you get on.Mrbrown runs the Afro Caribbean club in heathfield rd and an activist and Christian.