• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

That brings back memories.I'm amazed none of our family ever had an accident going up or down those stairs, and God knows
how they got bodies out in a respectful manner when someone passed away.
joeboybollo that is a very good point..had not thought of that..like you i was born in a proper back to back..just 1 bedroon and 1 attic but have great memories

lyn

I'll get you started.I'm 78 and lived in proper back to back from birth to age 14. My kids find it hard to believe the general conditions,as they didnt have to live through those times, Still here though, with some happy memories and in good health
This may bring back some memories for you.

Attachments

• 4A85859C-D75B-45CF-911D-ED4C474E2EFF.jpeg
    4A85859C-D75B-45CF-911D-ED4C474E2EFF.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 40
there back and soon will be in brum again

View attachment 185034

There's something to look forward to. :oops: On a short break in a rented house in Cheltenham a week ago I was bitten by what looked like a dog flea. Made me appreciate what the ancestors had to cope with.

Our 1950s back-to-back in Sparkbrook was infested with the little devils.
and our house in nechells was we hated going to school with the lumps on us., when he bedroom ceiling fell down on us one night there was hundred in the old horse hair plaster and laths. we had to go outside and wait for the estates to come out. that is when we was took for fumigating and emergency re homed that was just positively shocking

Back