• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Anglers' Association

A friend of my father owned the Riverside Cafe and he used to go and help out there at the weekends. In the 60s it was amazing how many breakfasts that they provided especially on a Sunday. Several coaches would arrive at slightly different times so the cook get their sandwiches before the start of the contests. The fair would close after the season ended but the Cafe was opened for harden anglers !

Plenty of days at Bewdley. Postcard picture. Bewdley Bridge by J Wood 1823, and present view.

Caught a few nice trout one day trotting on worms, from behind where the pictures are taken. On the shallow section.

IMG_3464.jpeg

Present view.

IMG_3187.jpeg

Many years ago my husbands father was fishing a BAA contest on the Severn when he fell into the river, a young angler jumped in to help him.
The BAA awarded the young man life membership for his actions.

Many years ago my husbands father was fishing a BAA contest on the Severn when he fell into the river, a young angler jumped in to help him.
The BAA awarded the young man life membership for his actions.
The same thing happened when Pete was fishing a contest and further up two lads decided to swim across the river. On their way back one got into serious difficulty and I ended up going in for him. Good job I had been well trained at that time.

Plenty of days at Bewdley. Postcard picture. Bewdley Bridge by J Wood 1823, and present view.

Caught a few nice trout one day trotting on worms, from behind where the pictures are taken. On the shallow section.

View attachment 184379

Present view.

View attachment 184380
Time has served that area very very well! Have not thought about Bewdley in a very long time and used to go frequently. Thanks for sharing Pedro!

Back