• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

Here is the photo I was looking for. Michael's Dad was a referee and helped a lot with the club.

This was Charnford Mills Southalls 1935.

img057.jpg

I again was sent these photo's a few years ago now, sorry but I forgotten the name of the person(s) who sent them to me, I think that the last two are from the Alum Rock area, and the other is Gooch St Highgate ......I just love the photographs from that era.....gooch.jpegHighfield Rover s1915.JPGHighfield Rovers.JPG

if you look at the last two, the person in the middle row far right in the first photo.....looks like the lad who is sitting behind the ball in the second photograph ?,

Hi All
Another from the past.Marco FC winners of the South Bham Sunday league 1959 or1960. Picture taken at Asells brewery canteen.
Some names i can remember on picture, Les Bishop,Ken Mann, George Mcleary,Graham Willcox, Ron Berry and me Ken Harris.
Some old Bluenoses may spot the old Blues player in photo, Eddie Brown, he presented the shield and medals
KEN

Attachments

• MARCO.jpg
    MARCO.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 61
I wonder if anyone can help a friend of mine.A friend of his celebrates his 70th birthday this year,and he is looking for any information he can get on a Sunday morning team he played for in the early to mid 1960s.
The team were called ROCKWOOD ALBION they were based in Alum Rock/Washwood Heath area.
Some of the names he remembers are.Brian Phillips.Graham Spencer.Graham Baffery.John Wellings.Bobby Heath.David(Ginger)Bryan.? Webb.
The manager was known as Satchmo.
Any information would be much appreciated.Moss

hey moss, hope you are well, i had a few games for rockwood around 68/69 with peter hadland,i think their homeground was the gas
all the best paul.

HI
Sorry i am unable to help on this one. All my junior football was mainly played on the South side of the city,in the South Bham Sunday
league. Iremember the name but that is all.
KEN

Hi Paul,I am well thank you,I hope you are too.
Well fancy you playing for Rockwood,I had never heard of them until my mate set me this task.They must have played at a good level if you played for them.
Thanks to both you and Ken for responding to my question.Moss

hey moss, hope you are well, i had a few games for rockwood around 68/69 with peter hadland,i think their homeground was the gas
all the best paul.

So did I. The manager of Sutton Town youth, who I played for as well, moved to Rockwood around that time. I think his name was Reg Brassington or something like that, and he was a bit short of players for a couple of weeks. Funny how these things stick in your mind, but I remember bumping in to him outside Withers by Snow Hill station and him asking me to play.

moss, on the subject of rose villa, i remember i was too young to go in the stag after the games,and would stand outside
with me glass of pop and packet of nibbets, some of the names i remember, NANA HARRIS,YOUR BILLY,REG WILLIAMS,JNR & SNR,
ZAGGY, BILLY LAKES, JIMMY WATTS, FREDDIE CROMPTON, and last but not least yourself our attacking left full-back. the picture
is the team that came after rose villa, do you recognise anyone. all the best.paul. img110.jpg

hello john, how are you doin, yes along with you and many other good players, regards, paul p.
have you any pics john.

hello paul nice to hear of you sorry have no pics but alot of great memories ithink peter hadland has couple i will ask next time i see him good to hear from you regards jh

Hi All,

This is a photo of Heybarnes Utd who played in one of the Sunday leagues. I am in the photo and played for them in ther late 1940s. Any man who lived in the Haybarnes area may remember the chap in civvies second from the left in front row. He was Billy Stokes the barber whose shop was in Heybarnes Road near Coventry Road. Billy was our chairman.

scan0001 (1280x834) (2) (1268x812).jpg

Old Boy

Back