• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 2019 Christmas Quiz

And you think I knew it, Janice? :) I know absolutely nothing about sport, but given enough clues, Google will always find the answer! Picture quizzes are always the most difficult, even if the pictures have appeared on BHF at some time or another. We're still no wiser on that park though. Definitely the hardest quiz that Phil has put up so far.

Maurice :cool:

It's all getting a little complicated now, but I think we are still looking for numbers 10, 11, 12, 13 & 15.

Yes - to Maurice. I think it is harder than usual but that might be because usually I have some ideas but very little this year.
Wondered if the park is an old photo of where the "nature" park now is at Cannon Hill. It now has a wide drive leading to it but I imagine it would once have been smaller.

Yes - that is Walter Abbot the footballer as the same photo is on Google o_O o_O

I never knew that you can "show" google a picture and get an answer. I have something new to play with!

You can sometimes but only for single pictures so it doesn't work on Phil's collage. I Googled "footballers palying for Small Heath, Everton and Burnley" then got a name. I them Googled the name and looked at images.

hi phil i take it my guess for the urinals on post 57 is not correct either...i know ive seen that pic before :rolleyes:

lyn

Jim,

You can't, I just put in "Footballer - Small Heath, Everton Burnley". If he's on Wiki - which he is - you're bound to get a match. (No pun intended!) Personally, I think Gil Merrick is the only footballer I can remember from my Brum days, and it wasn't him. Sport is just not one of my interests. As I don't watch TV either, I didn't get number 4, although but for the hairdo, she looks a bit like a young Catherine Zeta Jones.

Maurice :cool:

It seems that I might have made this years quiz a little too hard, so I will let it run until the evening of Monday the 13th when I will give the missing answers and the results of the rest.

Back