• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 1946 bus street scenes

Great thread so brilliant to see the bus stops outside snowhill station at bottom of colmore row, where I used to catch the West brom bus to soho road to see my nan, auntie, uncle and cousins, and low and behold a No 12 Bartley Green bus just in view.
paul

Thanks for (embarrassingly!) kind comments, R., j. and T.

(I put the complete New Street memoir online some time ago, here. Sorry that I've probably mentioned it before).

Chris

Thanks for posting that video Bammot. So many buses and people all over the place. Not many people owned cars in those days and so buses
were vital to getting around. The forecourt in front of Grey's Department store was always loaded with people. My Mother was awful for dragging me across Corporation Street in front of the Midland Educational shop to catch the 5A in that era.
Those far away days, Midland Educational now I remember that well, maths text book I could never get the drift of.

Back