• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham’s first motor car tv

joffavan

Hi sorry new to this forum but would love any information regarding my late mum @ dads car?
it was bought a long time ago by my dad from Doug Copley I think from Hastings? but looking on this forum I found Doug Copley as a landlord and a car enthusiast! The pub in the picture I think was one of his and a reference to a Daimler which I think one of the members now has fully restored, there was a reference to maybe another picture the member thought they had seen on the forum we’ll I have news this could well be it as it is taken outside the same pub! The wagon & horses on Coventry road sheldon.
Any information would be absolutely fantastic as now both my parents have passed leaving loving grandchildren and great grandchildren who all would love to see grandads special car back on the road again.JPEG image.jpeg

There's plenty here in another thread, including going to bury the car in the back garden

Many thanks Rob T yeh did read the items, that is what set me off trying to investigate more about mr Copley and how or why it would have been Birmingham’s first motor car? I suppose I may need help from anyone who may have know Doug or which as time goes on I realise there will be less and less people who knew him or more so how he managed to have the car or where it came from? but thanks again very much for replying

Back