• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birches Green School

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
This is Birches Green Junior and Infant school Erdington (photos taken today(6/6/08)
I never went to this school but my grandkids do. I thought it might stir a few memories for some of you.
The last photo is the new Infants school, the old one was knocked down before it fell down. It's a beautiful building.

I went to Birches Green Infants and Juniors. I left there in 1970 I have some fond memories, Even my mothere went there in the 40's and my kids went ther in the late 80's, Nice to see photos as I havent got any.

Makes you think - I have no photos of my old schools. Must go and take a photo as there is little changed other than a matching extension.

Be careful everyone. When taking photos of schools do not get children in the shot, schools and parents can get quite stroppy about this.

Thanks Chris. I have saved them to show my family. They are not how I remember them though. Were they taken from the playground of the new part ? As I remember,we walked from the "top" gate,Glenthorne end,down a path and into the playground,and the hall jutted out,between the upper and lower playgrounds.
Now this was 40+ years ago...eeek! 50 years ago!!!!..so things may just be different...oooeer

Thanks Chris. I have saved them to show my family. They are not how I remember them though. Were they taken from the playground of the new part ? As I remember,we walked from the "top" gate,Glenthorne end,down a path and into the playground,and the hall jutted out,between the upper and lower playgrounds.
Now this was 40+ years ago...eeek! 50 years ago!!!!..so things may just be different...oooeer

Thats the other side suze.
I will try and get permission to take some photos that side. It's all fenced now with locked gates. Not a bad thing to have though.

I am looking for photographs of the school circa 1930's as my dad and his brothers ere all born there in the caretakers house, who were Syd and May Marsh

I attended Birches Green junior school between 1986 and 1988, im pretty certain that the caretaker when I was there was a chap named Syd.

Back