• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birches Green School

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
This is Birches Green Junior and Infant school Erdington (photos taken today(6/6/08)
I never went to this school but my grandkids do. I thought it might stir a few memories for some of you.
The last photo is the new Infants school, the old one was knocked down before it fell down. It's a beautiful building.

I went to Birches Green Infants and Juniors. I left there in 1970 I have some fond memories, Even my mothere went there in the 40's and my kids went ther in the late 80's, Nice to see photos as I havent got any.

Makes you think - I have no photos of my old schools. Must go and take a photo as there is little changed other than a matching extension.

Be careful everyone. When taking photos of schools do not get children in the shot, schools and parents can get quite stroppy about this.

Thanks Chris. I have saved them to show my family. They are not how I remember them though. Were they taken from the playground of the new part ? As I remember,we walked from the "top" gate,Glenthorne end,down a path and into the playground,and the hall jutted out,between the upper and lower playgrounds.
Now this was 40+ years ago...eeek! 50 years ago!!!!..so things may just be different...oooeer

Thanks Chris. I have saved them to show my family. They are not how I remember them though. Were they taken from the playground of the new part ? As I remember,we walked from the "top" gate,Glenthorne end,down a path and into the playground,and the hall jutted out,between the upper and lower playgrounds.
Now this was 40+ years ago...eeek! 50 years ago!!!!..so things may just be different...oooeer

Thats the other side suze.
I will try and get permission to take some photos that side. It's all fenced now with locked gates. Not a bad thing to have though.

I am looking for photographs of the school circa 1930's as my dad and his brothers ere all born there in the caretakers house, who were Syd and May Marsh

I attended Birches Green junior school between 1986 and 1988, im pretty certain that the caretaker when I was there was a chap named Syd.

Back