• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Billesley Infant, Junior & Senior Schools

bilsat

master brummie
Did any of our forum members go to Billesley School?
I went to all of them from Infants to Seniors. First day through the metal gates, past the airaid shelter up to the wooden huts on the left at the back, toilets outside at opposite ends of the playground, the boat in the playground, I'm afraid teachers names escape me now from the Infant & Junior classes.
The Senior school teachers were, "Bunny"Bath , B D Jones, heatmistress, Miss carter, In my last year I was in B D Jones class and he used to hand out "Punishment" as allowed by Birmingham Council, all was written in a large punishment book and the person who was to be punished had to write before being punished. One lad on one page was there three times with only five enteries.
One teacher punished someone and his scooter disappeared from the car park only to be found in bits scattered around several gardens!
I went to a reunion a few years ago and took all my school pics and they were added to their records, met a few from our year and relived the past.....I left in 1962 ( I'm 5th from left, back row)
Pete

i went to billesley from 1968 ish till 1976..then on to KH boys..looking for old pics from that period

Hi Haggie64 - there is another more populated thread about Billesley somewhere.

Hi Haggie64.
If you are on Facebook then contact Mike Fisher who has a lot of Billesley School Pics. He might be on this site also.
Pete

Did any of our forum members go to Billesley School?
I went to all of them from Infants to Seniors. First day through the metal gates, past the airaid shelter up to the wooden huts on the left at the back, toilets outside at opposite ends of the playground, the boat in the playground, I'm afraid teachers names escape me now from the Infant & Junior classes.
The Senior school teachers were, "Bunny"Bath , B D Jones, heatmistress, Miss carter, In my last year I was in B D Jones class and he used to hand out "Punishment" as allowed by Birmingham Council, all was written in a large punishment book and the person who was to be punished had to write before being punished. One lad on one page was there three times with only five enteries.
One teacher punished someone and his scooter disappeared from the car park only to be found in bits scattered around several gardens!
I went to a reunion a few years ago and took all my school pics and they were added to their records, met a few from our year and relived the past.....I left in 1962 ( I'm 5th from left, back row)
Pete

I also went there , infants to seniors left Christmas 1959 and was in B D Jones class , the thing I remember about the punishment book was the fact have having to wait outside Miss Carters office to collect it along with the cane and then having to explain to her why you were being punished , afterwards having to return both back to her offfice.

Back