• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bill Haley and a night club.

Austin K2

master brummie
During the early 1970's ( think it was) Bill Haley and the Comets appeared at a Birmingham town centre night club, three times over a five week period.
My wife and I managed to get to all three shows, and great evenings they were, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the night club, anyone help me please?

HI Austin and fellow members
The only club i can recall regading bill hayely and is comets performing would have ben at the big night out night club as it was called
on the horse fair holloway head which would have had him for three nights performing which had the capicity to cater for him
with is fans and teddy boy followers apart from that way back in the early fiftys they showed him on film at the Aston cross picture house performing and singing ; and all the teds of brum went there to see him and they danced and rocked and roll down the isles and slashed the
seats in the progress they wrecked the place they had to call the police and closed for weks whilst all seats was replaced
this was all recorded and pictures in the sunday mercury of yester years i lived across rd from the picture house its self
and seeing it printed in the one time good old sunday mercury
i recomend people searching for items of intrest to read the libary archives for history around brum best wishes Astonian ;;;;

Back