• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bilberry Hill training centre Association of Boys Clubs

The list of buildings that the BCC have neglected is endless Lyn.
also jeepwolf this building is far away from the city centre which is really all the powers that be are interested in changing....you only have to look at the golden lion pub that has been languishing in cannon hill park for at least 15 years to know that nothing will be done to help save this building...as for the games i think it best i make no comment on this thread

lyn

I drove past Bilberry Hill Training Centre this afternoon, i noticed that the council are putting protective coverings over the doors and windows. Sadly it looks like its going to stay shut for a very long time.

In the early 1960's I was a driver of the BFBC's Land Rover. The vehicle and trailer were stored at Bilberry Hill, after work on a Friday night I would collect the vehicle to take our youth club members to North Wales or Peak District etc. on walking, climbing, camping weekends. Sorry to learn that the BFBC got into financial difficulties. I guess the annual concert at the Alex helped to top the coffers up in the old days. Frankie Vaughan topping the bill.

Back